The hair tips, advice and recommendations given on this blog are given based on the experiences of the authors. These tips may not work for everyone and every hair type and it is important to acknowledge this since we are neither hair specialists nor trichologists.
Also many pictures on this blog belong to the authors but there are others that we do not have ownership for and thus we do not claim ownership of the ones that do not belong to us.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Twists curled with a curling iron
It is really easy to get this hairstyle. Here is how I did it:
1) Twists were a week old so I did not use new twists or freshly washed and conditioned twists;
2) Apply serum to the twists. I applied by sectioning the hair, spraying the serum on each section and then working it through the hair;
3) Use medium heat on the curling iron. If you see smoke coming out of the iron then you know it is too hot;
4) Take your section of twists and curl with the curling iron. I rolled the curling iron inwards as if tucking in the hair;
5) After you have curled your whole head use a holding spray. This should keep the curls for a day or two. If you are in a humid area (like Lagos Nigeria) you may not be so lucky. My curls barely made it to the end of the working day!
One very very important point: make sure you deep condition after using the curling iron on your hair. Frequent use of direct heat to your hair may damage your hair. There you have it folks. Try it out and let's know how it works for you.
Keep it natural!